Wednesday, June 15

Learning Experience under SPES 2011

My name is Matilda Baclayo Catayoc, 20 years old resided in Magting, Mambajao, Camiguin Province. I’m taking up BS in Business Administration major in Marketing Management in Xavier University – Ateneo de Cagayan as a senior college student. This is my fourth time to be employed under the Special Program of Employment for Students under the Department of Labor and Employment. For this year, I was assigned in Provincial Assessor’s Office of the Provincial Capitol of Camiguin for a period of twenty (20) working days.

The Provincial Assessor’s Office of the Provincial Capitol of Camiguin is spearheaded by Mrs. Gilda M. Noguera with six (6) regular employees excluding the department head and three (3) casual employees. The said office is in-charge of keeping and releasing of tax declaration of real property records and documents per municipality. It accommodates transactions regarding real properties registered in the province per municipality reports thru the various municipal assessors. This year, we are four (4) who were assigned in the said office.

For this year, being in the Provincial Assessor’s Office is a new environment for me to adjust since I was assigned twice in the Provincial Health Office. My daily tasks as a SPES Employee are purely on utility and clerical assignments. For twenty days, my daily routines include utility works by cleaning the office daily to prepare the office for its daily operation. Thus, I’ve done filing of tax declaration property records per municipality as to classification provided by Ms. Rizza Tabamo who had given me the task to the filing. When I’m done with the filing of tax declaration property records, I was next assigned to the filing thru alphabetizing the land/real property ownership cards per municipality as Ms. Paz Cleofas Peñalosa’s instruction. Then, from the 3rd day up to the 20th day, I was assigned to update the TMCR Assessment Roll for Municipality of Mambajao: Barangay Poblacion and Barangay Magting 2003 records with 24 Tax Declaration Property Books for 2010 as reference for the update as kept by the Provincial Assessor’s Office.

My learning for under the SPES 2011 as to my assignment to the Provincial Assessor’s Office is indeed fruitful yet I’ve learned the transactions and functions of the said office as they are offering to their clients. Thus, SPES 2011 had provided me the opportunities to learn the aforementioned learning for my twenty days work of assignment under the Provincial Capitol of Camiguin.

As to my recommendations and comments for the implementation of the SPES 2011, I found that the Public Employment Services Office (PESO) spearheaded by Ms Paz D Oclarit had been very strict as to the qualifications and monitoring for the compliance in submission of the requirements in which is beneficial and more advantageous to avoid delays especially for the compensation of the SPES beneficiaries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home